Engaging Patients in Research
Engage Patients Through Health Data
FasterCures is developing a comprehensive approach to placing patients in the center of the biomedical research system. Their experiences, data, and insights should inform the R&D process from beginning to end.
How do we do it?
By developing approaches to health data, including:
- Greater standardization and transparency to empower patient donation of health data
- A data donation framework that facilitates patients’ connection to clinical trials and research
- Increasing capacity among patient organizations to partner, fund, and build data resources that are of high quality and able to be integrated with networks
- Develop and support adoption of a standardized framework to house all relevant disease-specific data that are needed from patient organizations by stakeholders across the healthcare continuum
- Reduce disease-specific data collection, sharing, and requesting burden for all stakeholders across the health continuum