Associate Director, Innovative Finance
The Milken Institute innovative finance team is looking for an associate director of innovative finance, focusing on outreach and impact to help amplify the work of the Institute’s Financial Innovations Labs, which design funding solutions to overcome economic and social challenges. This position requires a unique blend of skills in marketing, project management, research, and strategy. As a multi-faceted and dynamic professional, this person would not only lead communications and marketing efforts in order to elevate the profile and impact of the Financial Innovations Labs within targeted markets, but would also provide guidance on new business opportunities and help support research outcomes. The associate director will report to the senior director of innovative finance.
- Oversee the execution, production and promotion of all Financial Innovations Lab reports, to both targeted and broad audiences and determine where broad dissemination or specific outreach is needed.
- Oversee the execution of all communication and marketing collateral for the innovative finance team, including website content, social media channels, one-pagers, quarterly newsletters and internal and external outreach.
- Design and implement outreach strategies to amplify the results of the Financial Innovations Labs and execute strategies to ensure tangible outcomes from each Lab.
- Create and maintain a database of existing and potential Lab outcomes to be utilized as part of the broader strategy to create lasting social impact, including Lab participant follow up, sponsor interviews, tracking of content-specific conferences and media opportunities, and management of stakeholder engagement.
- Engage new business development and build partnerships to grow the Institute’s innovative financing programming, including drafting proposals and other general business development efforts.
- Identify opportunities for original research and explore deployment opportunities for Financial Innovations Labs, which can include expanding efforts related to resilient communities, including affordable housing, environmental sustainability, gender equality, access to capital, and racial equity.
- Manage and execute new Lab projects as needed, including conducting background research, engaging with industry experts, preparing reports and facilitating Lab workshops.
- Drive the translation of lessons learned, best practices, and innovative approaches for audiences, niche and broad.
- Serve as a confident facilitator at domestic and international events, including on potential panels and at Labs; clearly articulating necessary content through prepared material and verbal presentation.
- 5-7 years’ experience in marketing, communication, and/or project management (advanced degree strongly desired)
- Strong candidates will be skilled in managing multiple concurrent projects, communicating with and backstopping technical experts and local personnel, troubleshooting, and proactively managing the delivery of technical assignments on time and on budget.
- An entrepreneurial spirit is required, particularly as it pertains to relationship development. An ideal candidate possesses a demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with clients, partners, and experts across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a small and dynamic team.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.