The Milken Institute is seeking an Intern to support the Milken Institute’s business and program development team.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and non-profit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health,
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
- Work closely with Louise Tabbiner, Senior Advisor, MEA and Mehdi Tazi Advisor, MEA, and assist the development of our pipeline of supporters and speakers relating to the Middle East and North Africa (MEA) region
- Cross-check information on all event collaterals, including website, brochures, Grid, Smartsheet, Salesforce and ensure accuracy of information across multiple platforms.
- Work with the MEA team to identify, prioritize and develop a pipeline of speakers and attendees for our MEA Summit private and public sessions
- Audience build for assigned public and private sessions
- Schedule meetings for event participants
- Work with the MEA team to conceptualize collaborations and events relating to the MEA region, surrounding the annual MEA Summit and relating to the MEA region at our global events and conferences.
- Add value to an extraordinary portfolio of existing relationships with global financial institutions, corporate, investment, public policy and foundation leaders and members of the philanthropic community.
- Advise on topics and be responsible for discussing all ideas with regional people to ensure there are no nuances or regional issues with what we are proposing to discuss
- Discuss panel ideas and speaker ideas with people in the region to ensure we are asking the most interesting and notable regional and international names that will engage the local community
- Oversee the outreach to select regionally-based people to speak at and attend the event
- Assist with all outreach and content and work with relevant Dubai and Los Angeles team members around these initiatives
- Assist with coordination of private sessions that might take place off site, surrounding the 2020 MEA Summit
- Other services that MI deems fit from time to time.
This is a paid internship, 40 hours of work per week and any pre-approved travel expenses that they will incur.
The Internship will start on September 20, 2019 and continue through till February 20, 2020.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.