The Milken Institute is seeking an Intern to provide human resources (HR) support to the Human Resources Operations team. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to assist with the delivery of HR projects, policies, and programs. As a member of the HR team, you will act as a liaison to other HR functions to ensure achievement of business objectives.
The Milken Institute is a globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy, and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
• Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
• Provide clerical and administrative support
• Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
• Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.)
• Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
• Assist in sourcing candidates and updating our database
• General office administration and support
• Update our internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms
• Screen resumes and application forms
• Maintain filing system and overall confidentiality levels associated with performing duties such as preparation of draft agendas, and other documents (as required)
• Submit background checks for processing
• Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
• Prepare HR-related reports as needed (like training budgets by department)
• Address employee queries about benefits (like number of remaining vacation days)
• Review and distribute company policies in digital formats or hard copies
• Participate in organizing company events
• Experience as a Staff Assistant or similar junior HR role is a plus
• Familiarity with resume databases and applicant tracking systems
• Experience with MS Office
• Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
• Basic knowledge of labor legislation
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and efficient organizer
• Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information
• Organized, with a well-establish process of planning workload; efficient and resourceful
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or similar field
• Working towards an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field
Qualifications and Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management, organization, and project skills
• Strong interpersonal skills / able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Human Resource Management background, highly desired
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.