Associate Director, Economist
The Milken Institute is looking for exceptional candidates in economics, finance, or related field with an emphasis in open-economy macroeconomics and financial markets. Qualified candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills and advanced training/work experience in economics (e.g., well-trained Ph.D. or ABD), with a strong working knowledge of macroeconomic and financial market data, and demonstrated mastery of relevant analytical tools (e.g., econometrics). The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to conduct applied research in International Finance, Capital Markets, and related areas to influence and shape policy discussions/decisions. The ability to communicate complex, technical concepts in a concise and clear manner to audiences with a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience is essential.
- Write up findings and recommendations that can be shared with stakeholders;
- Conduct sophisticated empirical research on capital markets and international finance;
- Coordinate research with various policy centers within MI;
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally;
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or equivalent work experience preferred) in Economics, Finance or a closely related field;
- 2+ year of experience in conducting quantitative research and analysis either as part of PhD training or equivalent work experience in a central bank, or private sector institution;
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as SAS, STATA, R, or Matlab;
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines;
- Independence and ability to take ownership of each project from start to finish;
- Strong knowledge of finance, international finance or macroeconomics;
- Ability to work as part of a team and perform under deadline pressure;
About the Milken Institute
A publicly supported, nonpartisan economic think tank, the Milken Institute aims to improve lives by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We believe that human capital is the essential ingredient for success, and we’re looking for talented professionals who share our commitment to excellence.
An equal opportunity employer, the Milken Institute provides excellent benefits, including medical/dental, LTD, life insurance, a flex spending program, a retirement savings plan and a company gym.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.