Aug 17, 2018
Milken Institute convenes global leaders in Singapore for Asia Summit, 13-14 September 2018
SINGAPORE — The Milken Institute will bring together regional and global leaders representing more than 20 countries for its fifth annual Asia Summit in Singapore. The program, which will be held 13-14 September 2018, will address the critical issues and chart the future of the Asia-Pacific region.
The theme of the 2018 Milken Institute Asia Summit is “A World in Transition: Preparing for the Future.” The program will delve into the uncertainties and innovations shaping the continent and how Asia can prepare while remaining at the forefront of global affairs. The Summit will also foster productive partnerships among the more than 800 participants, which include Fortune 500 CEOs, government officials, institutional investors, philanthropists and high-level executives in international capital markets.
More than 35 sessions of in-depth discussions will provide insights into global and regional governance, investment and financial trends, sustainability, FinTech, artificial intelligence, cryptocurrencies, smart cities, medical research, and much more.
“While Asia is increasingly recognized as the economic center of the world, there are still major demographic, financial, and regulatory challenges that must be addressed in order for the region to continue on its path of prosperity,” said Laura Deal Lacey, executive director of the Milken Institute Asia Center. “The Milken Institute Asia Summit offers a powerful platform to connect top leaders across sectors and states to solve critical issues and propel collaborative action.”
The program features 250 diverse and influential speakers, including:
- Gerard Baker, Editor-at-Large, The Wall Street Journal
- Sophia Cheng, Chief Investment Officer, Cathay Financial Holdings
- Catherine Collinson, CEO and President, Transamerica Institute; Executive Director, Aegon Center for Longevity and Retirement
- Tony Fernandes, Group CEO, AirAsia
- Jingdong Hua, Vice President and Treasurer, International Finance Corporation
- Gilbert Kaplan, U.S. Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade
- Forrest Li, Founder, Chairman and Group CEO, Sea
- Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Jaime Augusto Zóbel de Ayala, Chairman and CEO, Ayala Corporation
- …and other top investors, executives, and government officials, including Michael Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute.
The agenda and full list of speakers is available online at www.asia-summit.org
The Milken Institute will also be hosting the second annual Milken Institute Women Leaders Summit on September 12 to motivate and promote the next generation of female leaders in finance. This summit will convene over 300 leaders to engage in discussions to catalyze change in their industries and societies.
Both the Asia Summit and Women Leaders Summit experience will be shared on social media. A global audience can follow and take part in the conversation with #MIGlobal on Twitter and LinkedIn. Video coverage of public sessions will also be posted online following the conference.
Due to space constraints, only registered journalists may attend the Asia Summit. A limited number of credentials will be made available to full-time, professional journalists who represent broadly available, prominent media outlets.
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. It conducts data-driven research, convenes action-oriented meetings and promotes meaningful policy initiatives.