Dec 03, 2015
Top Business and Policy Leaders Gather at Milken Institute California Summit on December 8
Hundreds of California’s leading business executives and policymakers will gather Tuesday, December 8 for the Milken Institute’s California Summit. This by-invitation-only day of discussion and problem solving will take place at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Marina del Rey. CEOs, investors, labor leaders, government officials, elected leaders and other experts will come together for presentations and discussion of the state’s most pressing challenges and opportunities – including honing California’s edge in technology and entertainment, powering the energy economy, dealing with water scarcity, and pursuing policies for expanding affordability.
Each year since 1999 the Institute has convened California’s most influential leaders to solve the state’s most crucial challenges. The California Summit is designed to generate solutions and forge partnerships that can lay the groundwork for policy and business changes that will lead to economic growth and allow investment in the state’s long-term priorities.
- Beatriz Acevedo, Founder and President, MiTú Network
- Teveia Barnes, Executive Director, CA Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank
- John Chiang, California State Treasurer, California State Treasurer
- Donna Davis, Regional Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor, City of Los Angeles
- Ed Hernandez, Senator, Chair, Senate Committee on Health, California State Senate
- Brian Kelly, Secretary of Transportation, California State Transportation Agency
- Paula Landis, Executive Officer, California Water Commission
- Rob Lloyd, CEO, Hyperloop Technologies
- Michael Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute
- Scott Minerd, Managing Partner, Chairman of Investments and Global Chief Investment Officer, Guggenheim Partners
- Kristen Miranda, Senior Vice President, Strategic Partnerships and Innovation, Blue Shield of California
- Steven Mnuchin, Chairman and CEO, Dune Capital Management LP; Chairman and CEO, OneWest Bank Group LLC
- Lester Snow, Executive Director, California Water Foundation
- Van Ton-Quinlivan, Vice Chancellor, WED Division, California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
- Art Torres, Vice Chairman, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- John Watson, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Chevron Corporation
Visit the Institute’s site for the full list of speakers and agenda details: http://www.milkeninstitute.org/events/conferences/summit/milken-institute-summit-california-2015/.
The Summit is hosted by the Institute’s California Center, which produces independent research and maximizes the impact of its findings by convening influential stakeholders from the worlds of business, finance, policy and philanthropy.
Note to media: credentialed members of the press wishing to cover the Milken Institute California Summit may request an invitation: email@example.com
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. It conducts data-driven research, convenes action-oriented meetings and promotes meaningful policy initiatives.