Dec 01, 2015
Milken Institute Center for the Future of Aging Assembles Top Experts on Aging
New Advisory Board Includes Respected Thought Leaders Committed To Change
LOS ANGELES—The Milken Institute today announced the creation of an advisory board to help shape the agenda of its new Center for the Future of Aging.
“We are honored and delighted to include a group of leading change-makers in our efforts to challenge perceptions of and create opportunities for older adults,” said Paul H. Irving, Chairman of the Center for the Future of Aging. “Our new advisory board includes influential leaders in philanthropy, policy, education, health, and financial services— all of whom share an interest in changing policies, practices, and priorities to help society make the most of today’s aging generation, and of generations to come.”
With a mission to advance healthy, productive and purposeful aging, the Center for the Future of Aging is recognized as a hub for thought leadership in the United States and around the world. From its influential “Best Cities for Successful Aging” index and reports such as “Aging and Beneficial Purpose in the 21st Century – the New Longevity Dividend,” to its convening activities at the Milken Institute Global Conference and Summits in Europe and Asia, to its collaborations with others in the field, the Center plays a vital role in shaping the future of aging.
“Our advisory board members will actively participate in the Center’s activities, and we look forward to joining in their efforts to improve lives,” said Irving. “We have many demands for our work and exciting opportunities ahead, and these exceptional individuals will provide valued leadership as we undertake our next phase.”
The Milken Institute Center for the Future of Aging Advisory Board includes:
- Arthur H. Bilger - Chairman, The Bilger Foundation; Chairman, Working Nation Foundation
- Laura L. Carstensen - Professor of Psychology and Fairleigh S. Dickinson Jr. Professor in Public Policy, Stanford University; Founding Director, Stanford Center on Longevity
- Henry Cisneros - Chairman, City View; former Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development; former Mayor, San Antonio
- Pinchas Cohen - Dean, Leonard Davis School of Gerontology,; Executive Director, Ethel Percy Andrus Gerontology Center; William and Sylvia Kugel Dean’s Chair in Gerontology, University of Southern California
- Catherine Collinson - President, Transamerica Institute; Executive Director, Aegon Center for Longevity and Retirement
- Joseph F. Coughlin - Director, Massachusetts Institute of Technology AgeLab
- Ken Dychtwald - Founder, President and CEO, AgeWave
- Marc Freedman - Founder and CEO, Encore.org
- Linda P. Fried - Dean and DeLamar Professor of Public Health, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health; Professor of Medicine, Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons; Senior Vice President, Columbia University Medical Center
- Lynn Goldman - Michael and Lori Milken Dean of Public Health, Milken Institute School of Public Health, The George Washington University
- Christopher Herbert - Managing Director, Joint Center for Housing Studies, Harvard University
- Michael W. Hodin - CEO, Global Coalition on Aging; Managing Partner, The High Lantern Group
- Jo Ann Jenkins - CEO, AARP
- Yves Joanette - Professor of Medicine, University of Montréal; Scientific Director, Institute of Aging, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Freda Lewis-Hall - Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Pfizer Inc.
- Robin E. Mockenhaupt - Chief of Staff, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Philip A. Pizzo - Founding Director, Stanford Distinguished Careers Institute; David and Susan Heckerman Professor of Pediatrics and of Microbiology and Immunology; former Dean, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Andy M. Sieg - Managing Director, Head of Global Wealth and Retirement Solutions, Member, Operating Committee, Bank of America Corporation/Merrill Lynch
- Rodney E. Slater - Co-Chairman, Transportation, Shipping & Logistics Practice, Squire Patton Boggs; former Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Trent Stamp - CEO, The Eisner Foundation
- Fernando M. Torres-Gil - Professor of Social Welfare and Public Policy Director of the Center for Policy Research on Aging, University of California, Los Angeles
Jeff Monford, Associate Director of Communications
(310) 570-4623; email@example.com
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. It conducts data-driven research, convenes action-oriented meetings and promotes meaningful policy initiatives.