Nov 08, 2012
CEOs, investors, labor leaders, government officials, elected leaders and other experts will come together for presentations and discussion of the state's most pressing challenges and opportunities— specifically, how to fix the state's finances, prepare Californians for tomorrow's economy, expand agricultural innovation, foster renewable energy, improve infrastructure to support trade, and bolster California's aerospace innovation pipeline.
Beginning in 1999, the Institute has convened California's most influential leaders to solve the state's most crucial challenges at the State of the State conference. The California Summit will be more focused and include a smaller number of attendees to help generate solutions and forge partnerships that can lay the groundwork for policy and business changes that will lead to economic growth and allow investment in the state's long-term priorities.
• Leslie Appleton-Young, Vice President and Chief Economist, California Association of Realtors
• Lew Braxton, Deputy Director, NASA Ames Research Center
• James Canales, President and CEO, The James Irvine Foundation
• Vernon Crowder, Senior Vice President and Agricultural Economist, Rabobank Food and Agribusiness Research Advisory Group
• Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Chancellor, University of California, San Francisco
• Lewis Feldman, Partner and Los Angeles Chair, Goodwin Procter LLP
• Rajit Gadh, Director, UCLA Smart Grid Energy Research Center (SMERC)
• Russell Goldsmith, Chairman and CEO, City National Bank
• Steven (Mac) Heller, Executive Chairman, CODA Automotive
• Jeff Jordan, Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
• Michael Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute
• Scott Minerd, Chief Investment Officer, Guggenheim Partners
• Gavin Newsom, Lieutenant Governor, California
• Joseph Osha, Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Alternative Energy Research, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Linda Padon, General Manager, Corporate Public Policy, Chevron Corp.
• Karen Ross, Secretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
• Peter V. Ueberroth, Chairman, Contrarian Group
Visit the Institute's site for the full list of speakers and agenda details.
The Summit is hosted by the Institute's California Center, which produces independent research and maximizes the impact of its findings by convening influential stakeholders from the worlds of business, finance, policy and philanthropy.
Note to media: Credentialed members of the press wishing to cover the 2012 Milken Institute Summit— California must request an invitation: email@example.com