Navigating a World in Transition
A global transformation is underway, disrupting traditional social and economic foundations and heralding an era of rapid change and challenge. Shifting political tides, emerging demographic trends, and relentless leaps in technology are bellwethers of a world in transition.
These developments promise longer and healthier lives, broader prosperity, and, possibly, a more just society. To realize their potential, we must address the downsides of change: rising income inequality, uneven access to health care, diminishing financial security, polarization, and geopolitical uncertainty.
How we respond will shape the world for decades to come.
- Will artificial intelligence create or destroy jobs as it revolutionizes industries from healthcare to finance?
- How should governments respond to immigration pressures and concerns about globalization?
- What can leaders do to minimize tension as the global power structure changes?
- Can we close the social divide created by attitudes about race, gender, and orientation? Will financial markets remain on their extraordinary growth path?
- Can their power be harnessed to expand access to capital and investment for social impact?
At the Milken Institute’s 21st Global Conference, the strongest minds in business, government, technology, philanthropy, academia, and media will examine these challenges to find actionable, collaborative solutions to some of the most important questions of our time.
Global Conference 2018April 29 - May 2, 2018
9876 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210