Global Conference 2017
Disrupting Food: Alternative Proteins Leading to a More Sustainable Future
Monday, May 1, 2017 / 10:45 am - 11:45 am
Consumers are clamoring for food choices that are healthy, environmentally friendly and sensitive to animal welfare. Investors are responding to this new demand by finding opportunities in alternative proteins. This panel will explore:
- What are the challenges posed by traditional protein sources and their supply chains?
- What benefits do alternative proteins provide to the consumer, the environment and public health?
- How are companies using technology to disrupt traditional protein sources? How do plant-based proteins and cultivated proteins differ?
- What are some of the most promising technologies?
- What investment opportunities do protein alternatives present? How strong is global demand and how can producers meet the expected increases?