2016 was another exceptional year for private equity investment. Capital committed to traditional funds, co-investments, separate accounts and direct deals hit a record of $681 billion, beating the previous high set in 2015 by 9 percent. This session will examine major trends in private equity with a focus on the investment opportunities and the economic landscape.
- Should more private equity funds consider permanent capital vehicles for investing?
- Is the fee structure sustainable?
- Are too many firms chasing the same deals, crowding the market and making new targets harder to find?
- Are multi-strategy funds still plausible or does the industry need more specialization?
- Will we ever see a return of mega-buyouts?