No amount of uncertainty -- whether in the form of political shocks or roadblocks put up by governments -- seemed to stop 2016's boom in global takeover activity. By year-end, the value of M&A totaled $3.6 trillion, making 2016 the second-best year for dealmakers since the financial crisis after 2015. Leading market participants will share their M&A outlook for 2017. Potential questions:
- What impact will current corporate tax reform proposals have on M&A?
- Will European companies seek growth abroad?
- Are organic growth prospects and potential synergies strong enough to justify what many claim to be high valuations in US markets?
- With China trying to stem capital flows, where will new M&A take place?
- What will be the new administration's impact on cross-border M&A?