Global Conference 2017
Investing in Sustainable Development
Monday, May 1, 2017 / 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm
In a world where climate change, global development and corporate accountability dominate conversations among policymakers, asset owners and consumers, there is a need for a more robust discussion around what sustainable investing means to different stakeholders. How can investments across asset classes factor in environmental and social impact? What types of investments, from public to private, can best mitigate long-term risk and meet ESG standards without sacrificing returns? The panelists will discuss:
- What new initiatives can be brought to the investor community?
- How can ESG factors be better integrated into investment strategy?
- What financing tools and projects would benefit from more innovative thinking?
- How can investors and industry improve cooperation to channel investment to the right areas?
- How can companies and asset managers improve ESG outcomes and communicate with their stakeholders?
Chief Investment Officer, New York State Common Retirement Fund
Chairman, Generation Investment Management; Former U.S. Vice President
Chairman of Investments and Global Chief Investment Officer, Guggenheim Partners
Founder and CEO, Blue Harbour Group
Managing Partner and Founder, AREAM Group