Associate, Business and Program Development (MI Associates and YLC)
The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Milken Institute’s business and program development team. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
This position will report to the Director of Business and Program Development, and work closely with colleagues in this department as well as Events and Communications. Under the supervision of their manager, the Associate will provide support for the Institute’s membership programs -- the Milken Institute Associates and the Milken Institute Young Leaders Circle -- by building relationships with current and prospective members, reviewing member applications, tracking gift renewals, planning quarterly speaker and networking events in cities in the U.S. and around the world, and implementing overall program logistics, big or small.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- A proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic development professional with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in relationship-building, membership programs, development and/or marketing
- Multitasker able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues
- Motivated self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Team-oriented individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists colleagues to ensure goals, requirements and deadlines are achieved
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail that ensures rewarding experiences and outcomes for supporters and other stakeholders
- Ability to work with people and interact positively with all levels of an organization, including desire and ability to support relationships with senior level decision-makers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Salesforce is a plus
About the Milken Institute Associates
The Milken Institute Associates is a network of our top supporters from corporate, governmental, economic and philanthropic organizations. Members of the Milken Institute Associates are actively involved in our programs and research, receive special invitations to private events, and are provided access at our annual Global Conference. Most significantly, their support and generosity enable us to do our important work.
About the Milken Institute Young Leaders Circle
The Milken Institute Young Leaders Circle includes intellectually curious, motivated and philanthropic young professionals between the ages of 25 and 40 who support the Milken Institute and its mission. With more than 300 members in Los Angeles, New York, London and Singapore, the Young Leaders Circle represents the best and the brightest from a wide variety of industries.
No phone calls or agencies, please.