Intern - FasterCures
Internships at FasterCures will involve various projects, including one or two long-term projects, along with special projects assigned including but not limited to:
- Supporting the Program staff in their activities.
- Working with other office staff, as needed, in supporting the daily operations of the organization, including photocopying, filing, packet assembly, phone coverage, and other tasks.
- Researching and developing special projects as assigned.
- Assisting with preparation and logistical support of FasterCures special events and activities.
Some of the daily work may involve:
- Conducting web-based research and literature searches for FasterCures staff.
- Monitoring relevant journals and compiling summaries of Congressional testimony relating to healthcare, bioinformatics, health information technology, and clinical trials.
- Attending local lectures, meetings, conferences, symposia, and congressional hearings as needed.
- Summarizing relevant articles and events, suggesting possible opportunities for FasterCures to elevate its profile.
The FasterCures internship program aims to provide the opportunity for you to explore new interests, gain new skills, and build your work experience in addition to helping FasterCures in our mission. We are committed to making this an enriching experience and we welcome your comments and feedback, if there are specific skill-sets and/or topics that you are interested in please reference those in your cover letter.