The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Milken Institute’s Business and Program Development team. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and exponentially growing global organization and create an impact early on in his/ her career. Working closely with the Director of Business and Program development, the associate is responsible for maintaining a robust development program that supports the Institute’s fundraising goals.
The Milken Institute is an economic think-tank, known for its cutting edge research and unique ability to convene senior leaders from the banking, finance and investment communities to discuss trends and address issues affecting the global economy in order to move capital, policy and momentum toward solutions to significant challenges. We are determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. The Institute’s exclusive invitation only events and programming activities, which generate the majority of its revenue, involve the exchange of ideas with leaders from around the world.
The Associate will work closely with the Asia as well as International teams to support the strategy and engagement with strategic partners, assist with program development, audience building and finding the supporters for our events: the Asia Summit the Japan Symposium, the Women Leader’s Summit and the Global Conference. He/ she will be involved in our year round programming for Young Leaders Circle and Senior Regional Leaders and have the opportunity to attend many of these events.
- Work closely with Director of Business Development in management and continuous stakeholder engagement which can include:
- Conduct research and identify opportunities to grow our partnership base through regular attendance at events and independent research;
- Attend client meetings, produce post meeting reports, manage CRM database, and create sponsorship proposals to potential partners in coordination with the business development director;
- Support major benefit and cultivation events, including tracking invitations and replies, coordinating with vendors, following up with attendees;
- Communicate effectively across the Milken Institute to help support the coordination and integration of partnership relations throughout its Centers and Departments.
- Assist with creating fundraising proposals to individuals, corporations and foundations, ensuring all reporting requirements are met
- Provide year round support for sponsors by building relationships with key contacts and being the primary point of contact in the lead up to and during major conferences, with regular communication around logistics of their conference engagement and proactively managing these relationships;
- Maintain the relationships with executives from asset management firms, investment banks, entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and c-level executives to build opportunities for business development
- 3+ years relevant experience, in a client facing or sales support role in private bank, investment bank or asset management
- Personal attitude that includes being outgoing, entrepreneurial, action-oriented and flexible with the ability to navigate interpersonal situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English as well as at least one other Asian language, with a preference for Japanese or Korean
- Ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Attention to detail and high standards of excellence
- As this position requires working with a global team, flexibility to be available for conference calls outside of regular working hours is required
- Familiarity with the finance industry ecosystem, with ability to conduct research across various actors in the industry
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a demanding, yet supportive and collaborative work environment where ideas and ingenuity matter. Apply today if you’re ready to grow and help us make a real impact in the world.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org