Intern, Global Conference Digital and Marketing Communications
The Marketing and Communications team at the Milken Institute is looking for a Global Conference Digital and Marketing Communications Intern, knowledgeable and passionate about the latest trends and best practices across social media platforms.
In this role, you will work closely with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing and Communications to execute a robust, multi-platform, multi-media digital marketing campaign for the Institute's flagship event, Global Conference, that takes place from April 28 - May 1, 2019. You will play a critical function in the organization and development of this promotion, getting hands-on experience producing and marketing a leading, innovative content series.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of experienced marketing and communications professionals and work on a significant, high profile project.
- Must be passionate about the latest trends in social media
- Knowledgeable about optimizing content for social media
- Knowledgeable about social media paid promotions (Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Advertising, Google AdWords, YouTube, etc.)
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to see big picture
- Have strong written and oral communications
- Interest in global issues, such as finance, economics, health, technology, or education
- A bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience using social media for a brand/organization/passion project is preferred
- A working knowledge of HTML, SEO, Analytics, and the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Graphic design experience and experience with CMS is a plus
About the Internship
- Length: 3-4 months
- Time commitment: 20-30 hours, must be available from April 28-May 3 (no exceptions)
- Paid stipend
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank. We catalyze actionable solutions to persistent global challenges by connecting human, financial, and community resources to those who need them. Guided by a conviction that the best ideas, under-resourced, go nowhere, we conduct applied research, convene luminaries from competing viewpoints, and construct programs and initiatives designed to achieve our overarching mission of building meaningful lives.
About Global Conference
The Global Conference convenes the best minds in the world to tackle the most stubborn challenges. That commitment to the power of ideas has set this event apart for two decades. It is a unique setting in which the individuals with the capital, power, and influence to move the world forward meet face-to-face with those whose expertise and creativity are reinventing industry, philanthropy and media.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.