The Milken Institute improves lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We’re a publicly supported, nonpartisan, independent think-tank whose work makes a difference in the lives of people worldwide by helping create a more democratic and efficient global economy. Our conferences convene some of the world's most extraordinary people to explore solutions to today's most pressing challenges in financial markets, industry sectors, health, government and education.
As the Associate Director of O365 Administration on our Technology team, this position will work closely with business units to manage, operate and progress the development of the technology that supports Institute’s digital workplace strategies. This role includes overall administration and management of Office 365 services, including SharePoint, Teams, Stream, Flow, Power BI, PowerApps and Delve; as well as other non-Microsoft services, including Smartsheet and Wrike.
This position will work with multiple business operations teams to plan, design, develop and implement various Office 365 and other collaboration tools to solve complex business issues. The role will also develop and maintain strong relationships with our business teams, and be a key communication channel to members of these teams to help achieve their strategic departmental objectives. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have an outgoing personality, demonstrate very strong interpersonal skills, and possess a positive attitude with a desire to learn.
- Identify opportunities and recommend products and solutions to improve the security, reliability and efficiency of our existing Office 365 infrastructure.
- Create and establish ongoing maintenance of Office 365 policies and procedure documentation.
- Ensure all changes are made in accordance with Milken Institute’s data governance, change control, security and risk assessment policies.
- Champion the adoption of sanctioned Office 365 and collaboration systems.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Perform ongoing administration and account maintenance of the Office 365 tenant.
- Act as the primary contact for service escalations and issues troubleshooting.
- Resolve client connectivity, client software distribution and mobile installation issues.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulations to ensure sound business operations.
- Develop and implement software and configurations to apply appropriate system security mechanisms.
- Define best practices and serve as a business partner consultant for use of different Office 365 offerings.
- Maintain relationships with strategic suppliers and stay apprised of latest collaboration technologies.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for any and all supported applications and services.
- Conduct training sessions, workshops, and seminars for Administrators and users on Office 365 workloads, as appropriate.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft O365 services listed above and their interactions with Active Directory.
- Advanced skills managing Office 365 using PowerShell.
- Experience with Azure AD user management.
- Deep understanding of supporting Office desktop applications.
- Support of Office 365 mobile applications.
- Experience in managing Microsoft Azure services would be desirable.
- Able to translate business requirements into workable solutions and solve potentially complex problems.
- 3+ years’ experience with SharePoint administration, developing SharePoint solutions and providing end-user support.
The ideal candidate is happy to come to work and excited to make a difference; he/she is team player with a strong desire to impact change. The candidate has excellent analytical and technical skills, along with a demonstrated ability to get things done in a customer-driven, collaborative team environment.
- Four-year MIS, IT or comparable degree.
- 3+ years of Office 365 administration experience.
- Office 365 or any other Microsoft certifications, a plus.
- Experienced and well versed in all Microsoft environments.
- Able to translate business requirements into workable solutions and to solve problems.
- Superior attention to detail; and a problem solver, with strong organizational skills.
- Experience in supporting users in geographically dispersed areas preferred
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.