The Milken Institute Asia Internship Program is an eight to 24-week program that aims to cultivate the next generation of leaders determined to tackle issues that shape the global agenda. Now in its third year, the internship program is tailored with the intent to advance the intern’s professional as well as personal development. For each intern selected to enter this exclusive program, the Milken Institute will create a customized experience with an agreed project (complete with objectives, timelines, and milestones) that builds on the intern’s area of interest and career trajectory. The internship is based in Singapore, giving students from North America, Europe, and other countries in Asia-Pacific an invaluable international experience in Asia’s major financial hub and safest city.
Projects and roles are available in:
- Business and Program Development
- Events and Programming
Depending on the intern’s interests and goals, they may be focused on one or a combination of these roles. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience in the nonprofit industry, work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, and establish meaningful relationships that can be a source of guidance for the future.
Business and Program Development
- Ideal for candidates interested in pursuing a career in investment banking, private banking, or asset management with particular focus on client relations in Asia Pacific
- Researching and analyzing key players in the financial services community (banks, asset managers, institutional investors) as well as in the family business and philanthropy space
- Strategizing outreach in coordination with the team
- Manage the CRM database, sponsorship proposals to potential partners, and outreach mailings
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ideal for candidates interested in pursuing a career in corporate communications or B2B public relations at an agency or in-house
- Assist with the communications campaign (media relations, social media, marketing materials) for the annual Milken Institute Asia Summit
- Strategically promote thought leadership initiatives, including editing and pitching bylined articles
- Strong writing skills required, basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver) would be a bonus
Events and Programming
- Ideal for candidates looking for exposure to the world of international business and world affairs, with an interest in a broad range of issues
- Ideation of the programs for the Milken Institute Asia Summit and Women Leaders Summit
- Support with execution—propose speakers, manage speaker invitations and liaison, research relevant discussion topics
- Update relevant documents and track changes to the program in regular communication with internal stakeholders, including the development team
- Candidate should have good attention to detail
- Ideal for candidates with an interest in applied research, specifically in the areas of innovative finance, health and/or aging
- Provide administrative and research support for Financial Innovation Labs/workshops
- Conduct literature reviews, prepare outlines and briefs, gather and synthesize information
- Support event planning for key panels and roundtables at Milken Institute Asia Summit – propose speakers, manage speaker invitations and liaison, research relevant discussion topics, prepare agendas, and document discussions
- Candidates should have strong analytical and writing skills
About the Milken Institute
A nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank, the Milken Institute believes in the power of capital markets to solve urgent social and economic challenges. Its mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com