FasterCures, a Washington, DC-based center of the Milken Institute, is a globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank, whose mission is to save lives, by saving time. The Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. FasterCures is focused on cutting through the roadblocks that slow medical progress in order to speed up and improve the biomedical innovation system.
The Associate Director is primarily responsible for supporting the mission of FasterCures by assisting with managing and executing large work streams and projects for the organization. The role also includes representing FasterCures at conferences and meetings and supporting events programming. The Associate Director will work with internal staff to bring FasterCures’ programs to targeted external audiences and building communities around our areas of focus to move from ideas to implementation.
- Executing key work streams, managing competing priorities, and overseeing day-to-day production and delivery of work
- Leading at least one project within the program, including content development, relationship building & management, requesting support of other staff, liaising with communications, etc.
- Writing for internal and external audiences – including white papers, blog posts, research summaries, grant applications/reports, promotional materials, etc.
- Assisting with event production for both small workshops & large scale conferences; includes suggesting speakers & topics, live-tweeting event, staffing speaker room, writing summary blogs, etc.
- Developing knowledge expertise in biomedical innovation and related fields, including patient engagement, health data, digital health, RWE, etc.
- Representing FasterCures at conferences, meetings, workshops; Often with presentation or speaking role
- Manage Associate & Intern staff – including regular check-ins with Associates & Interns, Director staff; provide professional development opportunities; manage workloads of supervised staff; conduct performance assessment and aid in establishing & tracking goals
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 5 to 7 years of successful experience in health and medical research related field that include conducting analysis, writing and synthesizing external research
- At least 3 years’ experience in public health, health policy, patient engagement, health care investing, data sharing, product approval, or medical research related fields
- Ability to engage external audiences and stakeholders, and skilled day-to-day project management
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, organization, and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong willingness to take initiative, make executive decisions, and accept constructive feedback
- Comfortable with public speaking, either in small meeting setting or for large audiences
- Quick learner & user of multiple technology platforms (Salesforce, Wrike, Smartsheet, Skype)
- Availability for overnight travel approximately 3-5 times per year.
Working Conditions & Travel Requirements
This position will work in a professional office environment. This person will also be required to travel occasionally to other offices and/or venues to assist with events as needed, requiring occasional work outside of traditional hours. International along with domestic travel is possible.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume.