Interns at FasterCures will engage in various projects, including both short- and long-term assignments. Ideal candidates should be interested in one or more of the following: health, medical research, patient advocacy, health care investing, and/or science policy. Interns will work with other team members to support the daily operations of the organization and its programs, assist with preparation and logistical support of FasterCures events, and develop special projects, as assigned.
- Manage multiple work assignments
- Work well independently and as part of the team
- Grow R&D knowledge and build office skills
- Conduct desktop research for FasterCures staff to support various projects
- Summarize relevant articles and events, tracking trends and topics in biomedical R&D and attending local events (as needed)
- Produce written materials (e.g., blogs, web material, internal memos, etc.)
- Demonstrate/develop proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Smartsheet, Social Media Platforms, Task Management Software, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized, follows deadlines, and detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to evolving responsibilities and manage multiple priorities
- Takes initiative and can manage own workload
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys learning and learns quickly
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High school diploma and some college required
This internship is a paid opportunity. Candidates should have availability to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week with at least one full day available. Full-time candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The FasterCures internship program aims to provide opportunities for you to explore new interests, gain skills, and build your work experience, in addition to helping FasterCures in our mission. We are committed to making this an enriching experience. If there are specific skill sets or topics that you are interested in, please reference those in your cover letter.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.