About the Center for the Future of Aging
The mission of the Milken Institute Center for the Future of Aging is to improve lives and strengthen societies by promoting healthy, productive, and purposeful aging. To accomplish this mission, the Center:
- Evaluates policies and practices, innovative models, and potential solutions to enhance health, well-being, and opportunity across the lifespan.
- Elevatesawarenessby convening and partnering with influential decision-makers and media leaders to change perception and motivate action.
- Advocates for change in the public and private sectors to ensure a better future for today’s older adults and for generations to come.
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is a globally engaged, publicly supported, nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank with offices in Santa Monica, Calif., Washington, D.C., London, and Singapore. Its mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital, and enhance health.
Senior Associate Overview
The Milken Institute seeks a talented professional to support the development of a new program on Healthy Longevity. The Healthy Longevity program seeks to: 1) promote prevention, wellness, and scientific advancement to extend healthy life, and 2) to spread awareness of developing knowledge, evidence-based programs, and strategies for diverse communities to ensure better health, function, and productivity.
Working as a key part of the Center team, the senior associate will support Center staff and assume increasing responsibility for the execution of high impact projects, events, and communications strategies to build awareness and effect change. The Center has become a recognized leader, connecting organizations and leaders in business, policy, philanthropy, health, and education with an interest in the challenges and opportunities of population aging. Research, convening and communications are key elements in the Center’s plan to drive change. The right candidate will be well organized, a strong writer, a relationship builder, with knowledge of health and aging policy issues.
- Conduct literature review and in-depth research on healthy longevity trends and innovations for Center reports, presentations, and briefings.
- Analyze inputs and support creation of periodic reports that assess prevention and wellness initiatives among older populations.
- Construct program implementation timelines, work plans, and project management structures.
- Collaborate with CFA team members to develop new policy proposals, tools, and resources to promote prevention, wellness, and scientific advancement to extend healthy life.
- Develop program agendas, descriptions, and speaker ideas for Milken Institute events.
- Communicate effectively through writing and speaking with sponsors, donors, and executive-level experts.
- Support business development, outreach, and expansion opportunities, as needed.
Experience and training:
- Bachelor’s degree with outstanding record required; Master’s degree preferred, with emphasis in health, gerontology, and/or public policy.
- Minimum of three years of increasingly responsible experience in sophisticated nonprofit, corporate, professional services, or academic institutions.
- Experience conducting research, including data collection, and in communicating results.
- Expert user in Microsoft Suite 2007 or higher (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience working on public health and/or public payment systems a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interest in healthy aging. Appreciation of the range of issues involved.
- Intellectual curiosity. Engaged listener and learner.
- Commitment to excellence and passion for the work.
- Attitude of "no job is too small" and attention to detail that ensures outstanding results.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.