The Milken Institute is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to support the Institute’s Global Market Development team, and the Center for the Future of Aging’s Senior Director. This is an exciting career opportunity for someone with intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic, a drive to achieve, and a capacity for administrative work of all kinds. The EA will join a team committed to addressing policy challenges that improve human lives, and affect economic growth in developing countries around the world.
This position will report to the Executive Director of Global Market Development, and the Senior Director of the Center for the Future of Aging. In addition, the EA will broadly support the Global Market Development team in an administrative capacity. The ideal candidate will have an interest in public policy, as well as an interest in working with colleagues and external partners from diverse backgrounds.
Administrative support includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Arranging complex domestic and international travel itineraries. For example, it is common for a principal to travel to multiple countries in one trip, sponsored by one or more different parties.
- Owning and maintaining calendars of principals. This includes scheduling meetings, understanding priorities, organizing in-person meetings and calls, suggesting venues and the like;
- Maintaining contacts. Ensuring that contact lists are kept up to date; understanding the importance and priority of a range of contacts; and interfacing with senior people inside and outside of the organization.
- Managing email. Knowing how to find and track email threads from various initiatives. Keep track of emails that require future action; knowing and being able to communicate what is outstanding at all times.
- Reporting and managing expenses
- Providing programmatic support for all program events, including maintaining invitee lists and bios for participants in stakeholder workshops and roundtables with policymakers
- Managing phone and email inquiries and communications
- Interacting positively with all levels of an organization, including a desire and ability to support multiple team members
- Conducting research on potential panelists and discussants for Milken Institute events
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience: A proactive and detail-oriented professional with prior experience supporting senior managers required. A minimum of two years of work experience in an administrative or executive assistant role in a fast-paced environment.
- Professionalism: Represent the Milken Institute well to external parties, including to senior policymakers and/or business executives, with a sincere level of professional courtesy and tact. Having a calm, collected demeanor is crucial for the high level of multi-tasking and coordination involved.
- The ability to write concise, business emails is essential, as is the ability to converse professionally with multiple stakeholders on the phone. We also are looking for someone who is comfortable working in multicultural environments and with international organizations. We expect an attitude of "no job is too small," and an attention to detail that ensures quality outcomes for our team and external partners.
- Drive: The ideal EA will be eager to take on new responsibilities and challenges. We are looking for someone who is a systematic thinker and fast learner, even with minimal supervision. The ability to effectively prioritize, and respond promptly to internal and external communications is essential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); CRM or Salesforce experience a plus
- Willingness to provide on-site support at select events on nights or weekends, as appropriate
Salary Range and Other Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Opportunities for advancement and promotion based on performance
- Office in excellent Washington, DC, location
About the Milken Institute
Global Market Development Team
A globally focused, non-partisan, and non-profit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute works to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs, and improve health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy, and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and action-oriented solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
The Global Market Development team at the Milken Institute informs and empowers developing-country policymakers seeking to strengthen and deepen domestic capital markets, thereby catalyzing private-sector-led growth and long-term economic opportunity in those countries. The team engages as a neutral convener, a source of international expertise, and a catalyst of human and social capital for government agencies and civil society organizations in developing countries that are seeking to design and execute strategic policy plans for financial-market development.
Center for the Future of Aging
The Center’s mission is to improve lives and strengthen societies by promoting healthy, productive, and purposeful aging. To accomplish this mission, the Center
- Evaluates policies and practices, innovative models, and potential solutions to enhance health, well-being, and opportunity across the lifespan.
- Elevatesawarenessby convening and partnering with influential decision-makers and media leaders to change perception and motivate action.
- Advocates for change in the public and private sectors to ensure a better future for today’s older adults and for generations to come.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit your resume as well as a professional cover letter that demonstrates your suitability for this position (both required). All applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.