Associate Director, Business Analysis
The Milken Institute improves lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We’re a publicly supported, nonpartisan, independent think-tank whose work makes a difference in the lives of people worldwide by helping create a more democratic and efficient global economy. Our conferences convene some of the world's most extraordinary people to explore solutions to today's most pressing challenges in financial markets, industry sectors, health, government and education.
As the Associate Director, Business Analysis on our Technology team, you will play a key role in transforming our business models by performing analysis, documenting processes and creating functional requirements to guide our business with best practices and a structured approach. Immediate focus areas are business process management, data standardization, and systems evaluations.
- Define the system and architectural requirements for all business technology projects.
- Lead data standardization efforts, data governance, and data best practices.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Milken Institute’s operation in order to identify ways to improve internal processes and drive efficiencies.
- Measure key aspects of the current process and collect relevant data.
- Analyze the data to investigate and verify cause-and-effect relationships. Determine what the relationships are, and ensure that all factors have been considered. Determine root cause of the challenge under investigation.
- Author business cases, requirements documents, wireframes, user stories, use cases, project estimates, capital requests, workflow diagrams, status reports, and other related documentation.
- Optimize the current process based upon data analysis to create a new, future state process.
- Manage and deliver improvement programs/projects.
- Apply best practices for improvements across the business and provide evidence of real change.
- Enable people to identify and deliver local improvements, and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coach project sponsors, champions and stakeholders.
- Engage and influence leadership at all levels.
The ideal candidate is happy to come to work and excited to make a difference; he/she is team player with a strong desire to impact change. The candidate has excellent analytical and technical skills, along with a demonstrated ability to get things done in a customer-driven, collaborative team environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical business analyst
- Significant experience gathering, documenting, and analyzing business requirements from internal customers and stakeholders
- Significant experience working with developers and other technical staff to create design documentation, wire frames, and workflow diagrams.
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis (BABOK) and project management (PMBOK) methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail - ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems with minimal requirements and guidance.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities
- Ability to manage resistance to change when facilitating improvement projects.
- Passionate about data and integration. Current on industry trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Utilize time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities to handle multiple and parallel projects.
- Previous experience with Salesforce and event management platforms strongly preferred.
- Effective in facilitating meetings, delivering presentations, and conducting training sessions.
- Experienced with a variety of mapping methods to make processes and systems visible.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.