Senior Associate, Salesforce Analyst
The Milken Institute is seeking a Senior Associate, Salesforce Analyst to support the Milken Institute’s Business and Program Development team. For the candidate with a high attention to detail, strong project management skills, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
This position will report to the Director of Business and Program Development, and work closely with colleagues in this department as well as the Events and Technology departments. Under the supervision of their manager, the Senior Associate will provide support for Development department Salesforce users and the department’s use of the system throughout the year, particularly as it relates to the execution of benefits at our major conferences as well as the management of membership and giving programs.
The right candidate will add value to the existing Salesforce instance as well as liaising with the Events and Technology departments on instance wide developments with an understanding of the needs of the Development department.
- Serve as point of contact and primary Salesforce Analyst for the Development department, providing maintenance, configuration, reporting, and training
- Liaise with the Events and Technology departments on Salesforce best practices, new functionality, and coordination back to the Development department
- On occasion, perform onsite conferences duties such as troubleshooting data and ensuring seamless integration during critical times
- Manage the process of creating and distributing community licenses to external stakeholders
- Enhance end user work automation utilizing workflows, email alerts, process builder, and document generation tools
- Develop reports and dashboards to facilitate executive decision making
- Manage department data and reporting, preparing regular revenue and year-end financial updates including exports and presentations
- Working knowledge of key Development department 3rd party applications such as cvent, FormAssembly, Drawloop and Gridbuddy
- Represent Development in data governance standardization and data clean-up activities
- Address data quality exceptions to maintain best possible data, creating data exception reports and performing regularly scheduled data clean-up practices
- Develop training materials and aids to train Development department end users
- Liaise with Development department colleagues in international offices to share best practices and utilizations of Salesforce and various technologies
- Work closely with Development department management to establish and maintain policies and procedures related to the use of Salesforce
- Provide Salesforce technical support to the Development department and elevating to Technology department as necessary
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- A proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic project manager a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of relevant experience in daily administration and support of a Salesforce database
- Multitasker able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal requests
- Ability to capture, analyze and maintain traceability of business requirements, i.e. work with the Business and Program Development (B&PD) leadership and team members and liaise with the Events and Technology departments to manage and communicate workflows and standard business practices within Salesforce
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate and coordinate workable solutions
- Motivated self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Team-oriented individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists colleagues to ensure goals, requirements and deadlines are achieved
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Salesforce ADM 201 preferred
- Experience with Salesforce communities preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.
No phone calls or agencies, please.