Associate Director, Salesforce Technologies
The Associate Director, Salesforce Technologies is responsible for the management and administration of Salesforce.com for the Milken Institute; this includes system configuration, (maintenance, system enhancements/upgrades, etc.), creation of reports and dashboards, end-user training and data integrations, ensuring data hygiene and integrity. This role collaborates with functional leaders to identify, define, and implement changes and enhancements to meet business requirements in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, who can recognize and make process improvement recommendations. You will identify new and creative opportunities to leverage Salesforce.com and related technologies to support all appropriate business processes and functions. You will also be motivated, team oriented and passionate about Salesforce technology.
- Engage with business stakeholders to gather & analyze requirements, and propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality. Translate approved solutions into actionable deliverables, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency.
- Responsible for the configuration, design, functionality and end-user support of the Salesforce platform
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, triggers, custom workflows, approval processes, and installed packages
- Create and maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings, etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security).
- Establish and implement change control and best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, etc.
- Identify production risks and areas for improvement; prioritizes, designs and facilitates successful implementation and adoption of new processes.
- Manage and support integrations with 3rd party application or other tools, such as Cvent, Form Assembly, Drawloop, Cloudingo, Gridbuddy, Docusign, and our own in house schedule management tool, Grid.
- Manage custom Salesforce functionality around event deliverables related to Business Development department responsibilities.
- Work with data architect to manage Salesforce integrations to other core systems.
- Perform data steward function to ensure ongoing data quality.
- Manage Salesforce licensing.
- Manage Salesforce Community licensing and maintain the Community Portal(s)
- Engage with technology liaisons to gather & analyze requirements, and propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality. Translate approved solutions into actionable deliverables, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency.
- Support the Technology Liaison team in cross-functional projects and strategic changes to systems and processes.
- Develop and implement training for end-users. Create and maintain all training materials and guides for processes related to Salesforce.com business applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4+ years Salesforce administrator or related experience.
- Salesforce Certifications required.
- Prior experience supporting a user base of at least 100 users.
- At least one Full Life-Cycle SFDC or CRM Implementation.
- Experience with AppExchange and other third party solutions such as Eloqua, Form Assembly, Grid Buddy, DocuSign, etc. is a plus.
- Experience transitioning from Salesforce.com Classic to Lightning is a plus.
- Background creating and interpreting operational metrics and reports.
- Familiarity with relational databases and related concepts.
- Proficient in successfully implementing new technologies.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational, presentation and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making skills. A problem-solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Able to drive a project from conception to completion, not just execute on an existing plan.
- Strong understanding of data structures and data modeling.
- Able to work independently and lead projects of moderate complexity.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a PDF cover letter and a resume will be rejected.