FasterCures, a Washington, DC-based center of the Milken Institute, is a globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank, whose mission is to save lives, by saving time. The Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. FasterCures is focused on cutting through the roadblocks that slow medical progress in order to speed up and improve the medical research system.
The Senior Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the mission of FasterCures by assisting with stakeholder engagement, community activation and FasterCures events programming. The Senior Associate will work with internal staff to bring FasterCures’ programs to external audiences and activate our Partners for Cures community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports senior staff in formalizing and engaging our Partners for Cures Network of stakeholders, including the network of forward-thinking disease research foundations that have comprised our TRAIN (The Research Acceleration and Innovation Network) program
- Assists with FasterCures events that engage key external thought leaders, including identification of potential attendees and presenters, outreach, development of content, and coordination across FasterCures and the Milken Institute in support of the event
- Aids in identifying, researching, and cultivating strategic relationships
- Supports communications staff in the framing of programmatic materials for FasterCures’ audiences
- Serves as project manager for long-term and short-term projects involving the Partners for Cures Network
- Adheres to the Institute’s mission, policies, and general safety practices, including any unique safety practices for the department and/or building
- Safeguards and keeps any information, observations, or viewpoints regarding Institute business and employee matters confidential
- Other duties as assigned
- Has ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff
- Has ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships with minimal supervision
- Has ability to meet deadlines
- Utilizes problem solving skills
- Uses proper English spelling, grammar, punctuation, and diction
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions
- Uses proper communication style and customer service methods over the phone and in-person with high professionalism
- Expert user in Microsoft Suite 2007 or higher (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and familiarity with Salesforce)
- Brilliant troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
- Desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Experience & Training
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum
- Minimum 3 years “hands-on” experience with above technologies in an office environment
- Experience conducting outreach and community activation desired
- Strong interest in public health, health policy, patient engagement, data sharing, health care investing, or medical research related fields
Working Conditions & Travel Requirements
This position will work in a professional office environment. This person will also be required to travel occasionally to other offices and/or venues to assist with events as needed, requiring occasional work outside of traditional hours. International along with domestic travel is possible.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume.