Social Media Intern
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, non-partisan think tank with offices in Singapore, Santa Monica, California, Washington, D.C., and London. Its mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. We do this through independent, evidence-based research, action-oriented meetings and meaningful policy initiatives. Please visit our website for more information. http://www.milkeninstitute.org
The Milken Institute Asia Center, is an economic and policy think tank, looking for a native Chinese speaker to fill the part-time role of Social Media intern to assist with its ongoing communications efforts on various social media platforms, including Weibo.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and especially Weibo. This role is ideal for candidates interested in pursuing a career in social media and the nonprofit industry.
The intern will support the Senior Associate, Communications on a part-time basis (8-16 hours per week). Working hours can be flexible to accommodate the candidate’s study schedule.
- Draft social media content and help manage the editorial calendar for Twitter, LinkedIn and Weibo
- Design supporting graphics for social media posts, when necessary – proficiency in a design software such as Adobe Photoshop will be useful
- Create social media analytics reports
- Assist with the development of social media campaigns surrounding publications and special events
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Graduate or undergraduate with a major in Communications, Marketing, Economics, International Relations or a related subject
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Interest and curiosity in the issues shaping the global agenda, such as capital market reform, technology and innovation, geopolitics, economics, etc.
- Proficiency in a design software, such as Adobe Photoshop
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All application materials should be attached as PDF files. Applications will close when a suitable candidate is selected.