Associate Director, Web Communications
The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate Director, Web Communications to join the Marketing and Communications team. The Associate Director will be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong content creation and curation strategy that promotes the Institute’s research, programs, and events. The ideal candidate will be an experienced digital strategist who is comfortable managing large-scale projects independently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web concepts including content strategy, web writing, web editing, user experience design, information architecture, and web analytics. Must have a passion for quality user experiences. Aptitude in digital marketing communications and visual solutions is valued.
- Detail oriented and analytical with excellent consulting, problem solving, and verbal communication skills.
- Develop online content management strategies to deliver organizational objectives.
- Process-oriented and experience managing large projects.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to present information clearly and creatively.
- Keep abreast of new web technologies and digital marketing trends; implement these new technologies in developing digital marketing campaigns and update current campaigns to include new information.
- Plan, execute, measure, and report regularly on the performance of SEO, SEM and PPC campaigns which are in-step with the Milken Institute’s marketing strategies.
- Familiar with SEO principles and experience using SEO toolsets such as: Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Drupal, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Optimize customized landing pages in support of a variety of marketing efforts.
- Proactive in anticipating problems, proposing solutions, and initiating collaborative resolution. This position is part of a team environment. Candidate must be team-oriented but also must be able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively about web and internet related topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred area(s) of study: marketing/ communications, journalism, advertising, public affairs, English or related field
- 5-7 years of related experience in digital marketing, web content management, or a related field.
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Google Webmaster.
- Superb writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster.
- Experience with open source and/or commercial content management systems. Drupal experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.