Associate Director, Project Management
The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate Director to support the Institute’s program development team. For the candidate with exceptional organizational skills, extraordinary work ethic and the drive to achieve results, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the world’s most important issues.
A publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
Employing the tools of research, and convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, and spur economic development.
This position will report to the Managing Director of Event Programming and work closely with various departments including Business and Program Development, and Marketing & Communications. Under the supervision of the Managing Director of Event Programming, the Associate Director will serve as lead cross-departmental coordinator for the Milken Institute Global Conference.
The right candidate will work proactively to understand the needs of all internal stakeholders related to specific projects and work collaboratively to design and execute against a process management timeline. The candidate will excel at soliciting the best out of teams by working to understand each department’s unique needs, identifying interdependencies, determining appropriate actions and responsibilities, and holding every party accountable to deliver their tasks accurately and on schedule.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- A proactive, highly organized, detail-oriented and hard-working professional with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Multitasker able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly and professionally to internal and external communications.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues.
- Motivated self-starter displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility.
- Exceptional organizational skills that can translate big picture objectives to granular execution seamlessly.
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and a hyper-focus to detail that ensures speedy and accurate delivery of projects.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and interact positively with all levels of an organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Technically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CRMs, and project management tools. Experience with Salesforce, Cvent, and Wrike a plus.
- Coordinate internal resources across departments (including colleagues in multiple different international time zones) for the flawless execution of projects.
- Meet with colleagues across MI departments and Centers to clarify specific requirements of each department and diligently work with key constituents across the Institute to ensure buy-in around key tasks in preparation for the annual Global Conference, including the development of project scope and objectives from conception, to execution, to follow-up.
- Identify any resource gaps and advocate for needed assistance.
- Develop detailed, best practice project management plans as well as monitor and track timelines and progress.
- Function as the staffer with primary responsibility for developing, disseminating, and maintaining the Global Conference handbook.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Develop strong rapport with our Events, Marketing & Communications, Business Development teams, and Technology teams in order to ensure their enthusiastic understanding of and participation in relevant projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Lead post-project diagnostics to help management determine new best practices across Institute events and projects.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.