The Milken Institute is looking for a research intern to support our Center for Regional Economics’ Strategic Initiatives team for the next few months. The role will support projects related to minority small business growth and small business capital access.
The role will provide an outstanding opportunity to hone one’s skills and contribute to reports and materials that will be considered by state and federal policymakers, business leaders, and other high-profile influencers.
- Manage and analyze employment, industry, business, and demographic data
- Research public, private, and nonprofit small business economic development and capital access programs
- Generate written summaries of quantitative and qualitative outcomes
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations including basic data visualizations
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Strong qualitative research skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel a must
- Familiarity in analyzing data from the U.S. Census Bureau and Bureau of Labor Statistics a plus
- Proactive with a flexible attitude
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.