INTRODUCTION ABOUT MI
The Milken Institute is seeking a Grants Officer to support the Institute’s fundraising efforts. For the candidate with exceptional organizational skills, strategic thinking and execution, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important issues of our time.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to build meaningful lives by increasing global prosperity and advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
This position will report to the Vice President of Museum Advancement and work closely with Milken Institute leadership to pursue grant opportunities and funding from government agencies, foundation, and individuals to meet the Milken Institute’s fundraising goals. Under the supervision of the Vice President for Museum Advancement, the Grants Officer is responsible for securing and administering grants through effective research, proposal development, submission, stewardship, and reporting.
- Research, planning and prospecting for funders who are well-aligned with Milken Institute programs
- Coordinate proposal development, writing and submission for 6-8 LOIs/ proposals/reports per month
- Ensure that all grants and reports are prepared, well-written and submitted on-time as required by the funder.
- Track grant agreement acknowledgement and fulfillment stipulations to ensure the Milken Institute fulfills agreements in accordance with the grantor’s wishes.
- Implement effective stewardship and reporting for all grants.
- Develop detailed, best practice grant management plans as well as monitor and track timelines and progress.
- Report and escalate to management, as needed.
- Develop strong rapport with MI leadership to ensure their enthusiastic participation in grant submissions.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A proactive, highly organized, detail-oriented and hard-working professional
- Multitasker able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues
- Motivated self-starter displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Strong ability to work with people and interact positively with all levels of an organization
- Technically savvy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Salesforce
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.
Posted: June 2018