Senior Analyst for Capital Access
The Milken Institute is looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Center for Regional Economics’ Strategic Initiatives team. The ideal candidate will have a background in microeconomics and knowledge of policies and programs related to regional capital access and small business economic development, as well as experience with data analysis and project management.
This role will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives. In addition to capital access projects, this role also will support the broader Center for Regional Economics team and Milken Institute staff at large to support Center and Institute-wide programming and events such as the annual Milken Institute Global Conference.
The Senior Analyst role will provide an outstanding opportunity to hone one’s skills and contribute to reports and materials that will be considered by state and federal policymakers, business leaders, and other high-profile influencers.
- Track and identify local and statewide policy trends and programs related to small business and capital access including historically underserved populations and markets, small business financing, and financial services regulation and legislation
- Research and analyze relevant qualitative and quantitative data and information (e.g., BLS, census, financial data)
- Write policy briefs, white papers, and reports for internal and external audiences
- Prepare presentations including basic data visualizations
- Manage projects
- Ad hoc support for broader Strategic Initiatives team, Center for Regional Economics, and Milken Institute events and programming
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Master’s degree plus 3-5 years relevant work experience in related field
- Strong understanding of microeconomic concepts and applications
- Project management experience
- Articulate and concise writer
- Advanced Microsoft Excel a must. Some proficiency with with EViews or similar statistical, forecasting, and modeling software (e.g., SPSS, STATA) a plus.
- Proactive with a flexible attitude
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.