Associate, Campaign Management, Middle East and North Africa
The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Milken Institute’s Middle East and North Africa (MENA) business and program development team. For a candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues.
An internationally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
The Associate will be responsible for working with our Business and Program Development and Events teams in order to successfully design, develop and implement communications for our annual MENA Summit and other events in the region.
The candidate will also be responsible for managing the registration experience for invitees and attendees for MENA related events, including overseeing the participation of MENA region guests at other Milken Institute events. There may also be limited responsibility for supporting logistics and registration around events in London.
- Audience Building – ability to understand the target audience of each event, work with event and development staff to research potential new audiences within and outside our existing database (Salesforce).
- Digital Event Execution – ability to use Cvent events management software to create event websites, registration paths, event badges and program emails. Create registration reports to track attendance for events.
- Mobile App - augment event communications by utilizing 3rd party company mobile app (Cvent CrowdCompass, Jujama) to design mobile itineraries for attendees, while remaining consistent with the look, feel, and design of desktop event website.
- Project Management - lead development of timelines for campaign execution including registration site development to email cadence and timing. This involves working across teams (business development, event operations, programming, and communications) to ensure digital tools are in place to advance broader goals.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Multitasker able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects
- Team-oriented individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists colleagues to ensure goals, requirements and deadlines are achieved
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail that ensures rewarding experiences and outcomes for supporters and other stakeholders
- Ability to work with people and interact positively with all levels of an organization, including desire and ability to support relationships with senior level decision-makers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Cvent and Marketing Automation Technologies
- Familiarity with mobile app marketing
- 1-2 years relevant experience working in a corporate or nonprofit setting within a marketing function
- Bachelor’s degree
About the Milken Institute:
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. We do this through independent, data-driven research, action-oriented meetings and meaningful policy initiatives.
Our work is guided by the formula that our founder and chairman, Michael Milken, developed: Prosperity equals the effect of financial technology acting to multiply the value of human capital, social capital and real assets. Stable economic growth most often occurs where people have access to education and healthcare, can participate freely in the political process, and can aspire to property ownership. The formula is our understanding of the relationship between finance and a strong society.
Our Centers explore the convergence of finance, business, health, philanthropy, and policy to advance collaborative solutions that will drive progress. Each center is uniquely poised to steer the policy toward practical solutions and sound decision making.
Milken Institute research is objective and nonpartisan. Our ambitious research agenda tackles the issues that matter in a complex and interconnected global economy. We publish reports that inform policy and our interactive sites make data come to life.
From our flagship event, the Global Conference, to roundtables and workshops to Capitol Hill briefings, we bring together leaders with diverse expertise from across sectors and industries for highly focused interactions and compelling content.
For more information, please visit www.milkeninstitute.org.
This position is based in our London office and will require some international travel.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.