The Milken Institute is looking for exceptional candidates in economics (or related field) with an emphasis on macroeconomic, finance, and econometrics. Qualified candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills and a master's degree in Economics or applied Economics with a strong background in macroeconomics, econometrics, and well developed programming skills (R, Stata, etc.),. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to conduct applied research in International Finance and Macroeconomics. The ability to communicate complex, technical concepts in a concise and clear manner to an audience with a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience is essential.
- Write up findings and recommendations that can be shared with stakeholders;
- Conduct quantitative empirical research on international finance and macroeconomics;
- Master's degree in Economics, Applied Economics or related fields;
- Experience in conducting quantitative research and analysis;
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as R or Stata; knowledge of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon, or Capital IQ are a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines;
- Independence and ability to take ownership of each project from start to finish;
- Strong knowledge of international finance and financial markets data;
- Ability to work as part of a team and perform under deadline pressure;
About the Milken Institute
A publicly supported, nonpartisan economic think tank, the Milken Institute aims to improve lives by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We believe that human capital is the essential ingredient for success, and we’re looking for talented professionals who share our commitment to excellence.
An equal opportunity employer, the Milken Institute provides excellent benefits, including medical/dental, LTD, life insurance, a flex spending program, a retirement savings plan, and a company gym.