A publicly supported, nonpartisan economic think tank, the Milken Institute turns ideas into real-world initiatives that address some of society's greatest challenges: widening access to capital, creating jobs and improving health. We believe that human capital is the essential ingredient for success, and we’re looking for talented professionals who share our commitment to excellence.
Based in our Santa Monica headquarters, the Senior Accountant will play an integral role in strengthening the Finance Department’s ability to support the Institute’s next phase of growth. The right candidate will work well in a team environment, and will have a passion to contribute and innovate while building accounting solutions.
- Prepare monthly bank, investment account and other major account reconciliations. Reconcile intercompany account balances.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule, calculate depreciation expense and prepare related reports.
- Assist in preparing schedules for annual financial audit and tax returns.
- Assist in preparing budgets.
- Assist with the preparation operating reports and ad hoc analysis.
- Responsible for updating departmental procedures manual.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.A or B.S. in accounting with outstanding credentials. CPA required.
- Minimum 3-4 years public accounting audit experience and 2 years general accounting experience in a demanding for-profit business environment preferred. Must have a strong background in all aspects of financial accounting (financial statement preparation, budgeting, A/P, A/R and fixed assets).
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook) required. Must be able to export/import data between various applications. Experience with SAGE 100, SAGE Intelligence and SalesForce required.
- Well-organized approach to administering projects, creating timelines and interfacing with other departments.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of seniority. Position requires ability to supervise, perform tasks directly and assist.
We offer a supportive work environment where ideas and ingenuity matter. Apply today if you’re ready to grow — and ready to help us make a real impact in the world.
An equal opportunity employer, the Milken Institute provides excellent benefits, including medical/dental, LTD, life insurance, a flex spending program, a retirement savings plan and a company gym.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter.
No phone calls or agencies, please.