Director, MENA Program Development
The Milken Institute program development team is seeking a Director of MENA Program Development with extensive experience in project management, program development, and event operations.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Business and Program Development, the successful candidate will be extremely organized with a strong attention to detail, and successful background in programming and developing content for conferences or similar events in the MENA region. The Director will be responsible for working with our Business and Program Development, and Events teams in order to successfully coordinate the development and execution of our annual MENA Summit and other events in the region, creating compelling and engaging content for our portfolio of events. The Director will also be responsible for coordinating MENA-related content and logistics at other Milken conferences such as Global Conference in LA, London Summit, and our Asia Summit. The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, global organization and work with exceptional self-direction and flexibility to accomplish their goals.
The Director of Program Development will:
- Serve as the primary project manager on the annual MENA Summit, working with and supporting a cross-functional, international team on an ongoing basis to ensure successful execution of a series of highly curated, programmed events
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Milken Institute headquarters in LA and our regionally-based MENA team on all MENA Summit-related components, including:
- Content programming and speaker recruitment: ie. managing process, ensuring cohesion to mission, identifying gaps, recruiting relevant stakeholders to speak and crafting panel descriptions
- Operations and logistics: i.e. ensuring timelines and deadlines are being met and communication with LA based team is smooth and timely
- Event technology: i.e. handling guest invitations and registration process, private session management, data entry, copy production and editing
- Program development and sponsor relationships: i.e. supporting the cultivation sponsorship prospects, managing stakeholder relationships, etc.
- Communications: i.e. accounting for press needs onsite, liaising with LA-based team to ensure communications strategy aligns with content and local players, etc.
- Manage and oversee all CRM database, Grid (proprietary event scheduling tool) and data entry relating to MENA events and programs
- Conduct research to source appropriate potential speakers, panelists and companies to participate at our conferences, maintaining an active and relevant pipeline for the MENA region
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. speakers, sponsors) and shepherd their engagement from initial recruitment, event participation to follow-up
- Develop and maintain a key understanding of the Milken Institute’s mission with an ability to identify new project opportunities within the region
- A minimum of ten years of experience in a similar role with a global company or international organization
- A strong background in programming intelligent, creative, and interesting content
- An ability to understand and connect the 50,000 foot level view of the project and its objectives to the granular details necessary to execute on that vision
- Enthusiasm for moderate travel within the MENA region and at least two annual trips to Los Angeles
- Knowledge of CRM databases including Salesforce
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail – in relation to Director’s own output as well as audits of overall projects
- Excellent project management skills and interpersonal skills – ability to seamlessly coordinate with multiple teams over multiple time zones and locations
- Arabic speaker preferred
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.