Digital Graphic Designer
The Milken Institute Marketing and Communications team is looking for a talented, tech-savvy Digital Graphic Designer to conceptualize, design, develop, and implement creative video, animation and print assets for a range of media, including web, social media, email marketing, digital and print marketing collateral, and other print and digital projects.
The Digital Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating a distinct look and feel across the Milken Institute’s platforms and maintaining and implementing brand standards. The ideal candidate is passionate about design and technology and has an established portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visualize, create, and produce original, creative, and engaging design solutions across all platforms
- Raise the creative standard and effectiveness of creative output
- Develop brand creative assets while meeting technology requirements and visual brand guidelines across all digital platforms
- Collaborate across the Marketing and Communications team and other stakeholders to develop graphic interpretations to support research, programs, events, and initiatives
- Create and execute supporting illustrations/design elements for the Institute’s digital editorial calendar
- Provide design-for-print-and-digital creative concepts, layout, and artwork
- Help manage the creative process with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors
- Develop and coordinate project schedules and effectively communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide real-time design and photography support for the Institute’s conferences and events, including Global Conference
- Troubleshoot live creative and production issues, and collaborate with developers, vendors, and key stakeholders as appropriate
- Edit photos, including retouching, re-sizing, and re-coloring
- Embrace new and innovative ways to communicate across all digital and social channels
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 2-5 years of working experience as a digital designer
- Strong understanding of design, copy, and technical best practices and guidelines
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across various teams and departments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional visual skills and a deep understanding of key design principals: photography, typography, layout, color
- Expert knowledge of graphics programs within the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficient in usability, UX, and UI design
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
- Familiarity with Drupal preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- For consideration, please include a link to your portfolio.