Product Manager, Event Registration & Mobile Apps
The Product Manager, Event Registration & Mobile Apps is responsible for executing the overall vision and management of the Milken Institute event registration technology and mobile initiatives. The Manager drives mobile app and event registration products from initiation to delivery through careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communicating status to key stakeholders. They will contribute to the long-range vision for MI events, serving as the primary point of contact for registration/mobile app products and is responsible for partnering with a team of cross-trained event leads who are each responsible for multiple events. This Manager also leads the planning, execution and the delivery of launching and maintaining each mobile app release and registration platform changes.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, who can recognize and make process improvement recommendations. You will identify new and creative opportunities to leverage our registration process and database to support additional business processes or functions. You will also be motivated, team-oriented and passionate about improving our technology and user experience.
- Responsible for the Events configuration, design, functionality and end-user support of the registration and mobile platform (via third-party solutions).
- Build clear product roadmap for the mobile apps and event registration enhancements; maintain the roadmap.
- Create a cohesive strategy for the Milken Institute’s third-party mobile integrations; represent our product and design vision in our relationships with key partners.
- Create and maintain the product development backlog.
- Optimize conversion rates, user frequency, and user retention.
- Coordinate teams around the world from a variety of disciplines. Includes some travel, mostly within California but potentially international.
- Identify production risks and areas for improvement; prioritizes, designs and facilitates successful implementation and adoption of new processes.
- Support the Events team in cross-functional projects and strategic changes to systems and processes.
- Work closely with stakeholders to align business strategy and program execution.
- Develop and implement the product lifecycle development plan.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience with web-based systems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Visio
- Experience working directly with executive leadership
- Strong project management skills and ability to delegate
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and recommendation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage stress well
We are seeking candidates with:
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Able to drive a project from conception to completion, not just execute on an existing plan.
- Strong understanding of data structures and data modeling.
- Able to work independently and lead projects of moderate complexity.