The Milken Institute is looking for a Programming & Outreach Associate with experience assisting with the planning and execution of events, as well as with conducting strategic outreach and relationship management, to join our California Center team.
The Programming & Events Marketing Associate will work collaboratively both internally and externally to conduct targeted outreach to promote California Center programming and events with business and political leaders throughout the state. This individual will have a solid understanding of how to apply relationship development to the California Center’s goals to produce impactful and action-oriented events.
This position requires someone with a strong balance of organizational skills, project management and ability to anticipate the needs of the team. Candidates should be aware of who our supporters are – and where they’re located – and have a good understanding of current state trends and regional economic developments. A working knowledge of Customer
Relationship Management (CRM) systems would be ideal.
The Programming & Outreach Associate will coordinate activities related to a wide range of the Center’s projects and events, including the annual Milken Institute Global Conference, annual California Summit, regional stakeholder meetings and other events involving state leaders from policy, business, academia, and philanthropy.
Finally, the Associate also will provide broad policy, legislative, and data support across California Center/CRE policy areas, including human capital development, capital access, housing, infrastructure, and other key California industries.
- Assist with the use of the CA Center data system
- Assist in the planning and execution of all CA Center events
- Coordinate California Center projects and engagements with internal and external stakeholders
- Help to develop and maintain regional working groups to address key priorities for the Center
- Work with the California Center team on broader engagements related to state economic and policy impacts
- Undergraduate degree required with 2-5 years’ experience in event planning/marketing, communications, politics, and/or similar fields
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- HTML proficient
- General analytical know-how and comfort working with data in Excel format
- Experience establishing and developing relationships with key policymakers, business leaders, and stakeholders around the state
- A general understanding of key policy issues facing California, including, but not limited to: human capital development, capital access, housing, and infrastructure
- Strong written and oral communication skills over a wide array of communication platforms, including social media
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and perform under deadline pressure
- Attention to detail and high standards of excellence
Please apply here.