Senior Analyst for Trade Finance
The Milken Institute is looking for a Senior Analyst with a background and experience working in trade finance to join our Center for Regional Economics’ Strategic Initiatives team. The ideal candidate will have specialized knowledge of international trade finance policy and practices, as well as experience independently coordinating projects and research outputs.
This role will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, Center for Regional Economics and will, at times, work with the Executive Director of the Center for Regional Economics directly on key national initiatives. In addition to work in trade finance, this role also will contribute to the Strategic Initiatives team’s broader work on growing small businesses and capital access for underserved markets.
The Senior Analyst role will provide an outstanding opportunity to hone one’s skills and contribute to reports and materials that will be considered by state and federal policymakers, business leaders, and other high-profile policy and business influencers.
- Track and identify policy trends and headwinds related to trade and trade finance
- Research, identify, manage, and analyze relevant qualitative and quantitative data and information (E.g., Treasury, WTO, IMF)
- Write policy briefs, white papers, and reports for internal and external audiences
- Prepare presentations including basic data visualizations
- Manage projects and initiatives related to trade and trade finance
- Support broader Strategic Initiatives team (small business, capital access) and Institute-wide programming and events such as the annual Milken Institute Global Conference
- Master’s degree in international finance, public policy (focus on international finance or trade), or a similar field and/or 5+ years direct work experience in the industry.
- Strong, clear, and concise writer
- Project management experience
- Proactive with a flexible attitude
- Familiarity with EViews or similar statistical, forecasting, and modeling software (e.g., SPSS, STATA) a plus