Associate Director, Development & Information Management
The Associate Director of Development & Information Management, Melanoma Research Alliance is responsible for oversight and management of data systems that work across all aspects of the agency. The primary data management system supported by this position is Salesforce, used for constituent and donor management, e-communications management, events management and minor role in grants management. The Associate Director is responsible for the maintenance and refinement of the salesforce instance and all integrated apps including crowd-rise, docu-sign, congo-merge, click & pledge, form-builder, predictive e-mail manager, etc. In relation to information/data management, the Associate Director will work directly with the MRA President & CEO.
The Associate Director will also work under the direction of the Chief Development Officer on fundraising efforts. S/he will take lead responsibility in cause marketing and peer-to-peer fundraisers, including; setting revenue goals, developing prospects, building relationships, and increasing revenue in these areas. S/he will play a key role in the development team planning and executing events. In addition, s/he will prepare, track and analyze data as it relates to fundraising, including; event management, prospecting, and development reporting (preparing reports by event, donor category, geography, board reports and overall fundraising).
The position supervises 1 full-time Development Associate who takes lead in gift processing and data entry, as well as supports all efforts of the Development Team.
The mission of the Melanoma Research Alliance is to end suffering and death due to melanoma by collaborating with all stakeholders to accelerate powerful research, advance cures for all patients and prevent more melanomas. MRA has awarded more than $88 million to melanoma research programs around the globe, and through unique collaborative approach, has leveraged an additional $89 million. MRA was launched in 2007 by Debra and Leon Black under the auspices of the Milken Institute, and, due to the ongoing support of our founders, 100% of every donation to MRA supports melanoma research.
Hiring Salary Range - $70,000 to $95,000 Dependent on Qualifications and Relevant Work History.
- Responsible for managing and refining information solutions that maximize data collection, data integrity and data use across MRA development, communications and grants-management;
- Engage and support constituents in their own third-party efforts to fundraise for MRA;
- Engage and work with corporations on fundraising efforts that support MRA, with a particular focus on Melanoma Awareness Month;
- Oversee timely and accurate gift management, including tracking of donor pledges and processing of all donor gifts and acknowledgements;
- Interface with external contractors and internal staff for the refinement and ongoing up-keep of the system; serve as subject matter expert and work with associates and managers for data input;
- Provide support and guidance to the Development Associate on development efforts;
- Perform regular database review and analysis to correct errors or omissions;
- Liaise with communications & marketing team for external email outreach; and
- Work as part of the development team to ensure success of MRA events, direct e-mail fundraising, and foundation, major donor & corporate solicitations.
- At least three (3) years of experience in the non-profit field supporting development and information management; or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated competency in MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and cloud-based constituent management systems;
- Experience with event management, online marketing and social networking skills;
- Client service skills are imperative, along with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a small, highly collaborative and mobile team;
- Needs to be flexible with work schedule in support of events and deadlines;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; and
- Successfully complete a security background check.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in Salesforce, particularly those certified as Salesforce administrators, though not required.
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume.