FasterCures, a center of the Milken Institute is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other senior staff as needed.
For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in eliminating roadblocks that add time and resources to finding new medical treatments.
FasterCures is a globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank within the Milken Institute, whose mission is to save lives, by saving time. FasterCures is headquartered in Washington and is a Center of the Milken Institute. The Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health and is headquartered in Santa Monica, California.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Director of FasterCures as well as being a resource to the broader FasterCures organization (12 FTE). Tasks will range from creating expense reports, arranging complex domestic and international travel itineraries, managing calendars and scheduling calls and meetings, to assisting with external modestly sized events. Diligence, time management, and proactivity are keys to success in this position.
This role is expected to be primarily in the office during business hours. Flexibility in schedule is permitted; however, this must be balanced to ensuring as timely response to both internal and external needs. In addition, his role is eligible for overtime compensation.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Articulate and convey a sense of passion for the mission of FasterCures and its potential impact
- A proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic administrative professional with prior relevant experience supporting executives and proven ability to multi-task while handling complex projects in fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues
- Motivated self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Team-oriented individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists colleagues to ensure goals, requirements and deadlines are achieved
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail that ensures rewarding experiences and outcomes for supporters and other stakeholders
- Ability to work with people and interact positively with all levels of an organization, including desire and ability to support multiple team members
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume.