Human Resources Assistant
The Milken Institute is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Milken Human Resources Department. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
This role has two major areas of support: Primary: To provide direct administrative support to the Director of HR.
As a member of the support services cross-functional team, you will provide support and oversight of the office administrative functions including reception, facilities, telephone, purchasing, equipment maintenance and other duties as may be required for successful organizational results.
In your support of HR, you will support our daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents. You will assist in HR duties, like posting job ads, coordinating interviews and contacting candidates. You should be able to ensure our HR department is organized and operates to attract, hire and maintain our employees.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously in this role.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.)
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Assist in sourcing candidates and updating our database
- General office administration and support
- Work with computers and technology, including new and emerging technologies
- Management of executive management’s calendars (and others as requested)
- Prepare and edit presentations g. Prepare correspondence and communications (as it pertains to the executive management team)
- Analyze and assemble data for report preparation
- Ensure that policies/procedures are met and or updated where needed
- Miscellaneous administrative support as required (eg. Letters, presentations, correspondence, meeting preparation)
- Maintain filing system and overall confidentiality levels associated with performing duties such as preparation of draft agendas, and other documents (as required)
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position
- PC literacy (MS Office, in particular)
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS
- Familiarity with ATS software and resume databases
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field
- Understanding of working with senior management, senior volunteers (Boards and/or Committees)
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and efficient organizer
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Excellent ability to build relationships with all staff, volunteers, vendors/suppliers
- Proven self-starter, able to initiate and complete individual projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a deadline driven environment
- Able to improvise, multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure
- Ability to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to provide high level, priority management and calendar management support to executive management
- Organized, with a well-establish process of planning workload; efficient and resourceful
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume.