Associate, Event Administration
The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Milken Institute’s Events team. A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. We are able to achieve through various means, one of which is our ability to convene and collaborate with the world’s leaders, scientists, policymakers, and industry giants at our gatherings. It’s a lofty mission and must be met by a well-thought, well-executed, tech-savvy event. Nothing less.
The Milken Institute is looking for support executing the planning and production of our annual calendar of global events, specifically for Speaker Relations, a sub-department of Events. The role will have both internal and outward-facing roles, both equally important. S/he will interact closely with the Institute’s programming and event technology teams, collaborate with communications and development stakeholders, as well as serve as a liaison between the Milken Institute and our speakers, partners and VIP guests in preparation of their speaking engagement. The goal of this position is to ensure that all speakers have an exceptionally seamless and professional experience — before, during, and after an event — and are left looking forward to the next opportunity to engage with the Milken Institute.
This position will report to the Director of Speaker Relations. This is a full-time position with opportunities to grow professionally within the Institute.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- A proactive and enthusiastic growing professional with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in development, administration and/or events. Experience working with C-suite level executives a plus.
- An acute sense of organization and an understanding of (if not obsession with) process and logistics.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, requiring an ability to independently prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external needs.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues. Always thinking of how to make something better, smarter, and more efficient.
- Motivated self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility.
- Team-oriented individual who takes direction well, seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists colleagues to ensure collective goals and deadlines are achieved.
- A creative thinker, with an eye for functionality, presentation, and branding.
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail that ensures rewarding experiences and outcomes for speakers, supporters, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively and confidently with all levels of an organization, including desire and ability to support relationships with senior level decision-makers.
- Technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Salesforce, Cvent, project management tools is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
To apply, please submit your information and upload your cover letter and resume.