The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Milken Institute’s business and program development team. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
This position will report to the Director of Business and Program Development in New York, a growing, entrepreneurial satellite office for the Milken Institute. The individual will work closely with colleagues across the Business and Program Development team as well as Events and Communications in Santa Monica. Under the supervision of their manager, the Associate will provide support for sponsors and corporate supporters throughout the year by building relationships with key contacts and being responsive to their requests, particularly in preparation for and during major conferences, with regular communication around logistics of their conference engagement and proactively managing these relationships.
The right candidate will add value to an extraordinary portfolio of existing relationships with global financial institutions, corporate, investment, public policy and foundation leaders and members of the philanthropic community, by developing strong knowledge of their businesses in order to proactively find and pursue opportunities for growing the relationships.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- A proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic development professional with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in relationship-building, development and/or marketing
- Multitasker able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Motivated self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Team-oriented, individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed
- Experience planning events and ability to think strategically about how to engage local supporters around relevant interest areas
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail that ensures rewarding experiences and outcomes for supporters and other stakeholders
- Ability to work with people and interact positively with all levels of an organization, including desire and ability to support relationships with senior level decision-makers
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mentality essential given its satellite location
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Salesforce is a plus
No phone calls or agencies, please.