Senior Salesforce Administrator
The Senior Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the administration of Salesforce.com for the Milken Institute Events Team; this includes system configuration, (maintenance, system enhancements/upgrades, etc.), creation of reports and dashboards, end-user training and data integrations, ensuring data hygiene and integrity. This role collaborates with functional leaders to identify, define, and implement changes and enhancements to meet business requirements in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, who can recognize and make process improvement recommendations. You will identify new and creative opportunities to leverage Salesforce.com and its database to support additional business processes or functions. You will also be motivated, team-oriented and passionate about Salesforce technology.
- Responsible for the Events configuration, design, functionality and end-user support of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, triggers, custom workflows, approval processes, installed packages, etc. within Salesforce.com.
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings, etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security).
- Establish and implement change control and best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, etc.
- Engage with business stakeholders to gather & analyze requirements, and propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality. Translate approved solutions into actionable deliverables, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency.
- Manage data imports, database de-duping and cleanup.
- Manage the integration of applications connected to Salesforce.com, including but not limited to Cvent, Eloqua, Form Assembly, DocuSign, Grid Buddy, Social Tables, etc.
- Identify production risks and areas for improvement; prioritizes, designs and facilitates successful implementation and adoption of new processes.
- Support the Events team in cross-functional projects and strategic changes to systems and processes.
- Collaborate with Development, Information Technology and other business stakeholders to drive high levels of data integrity and operational reliability of our standardized business analytics, tools and processes.
- Develop and implement training for end-users. Create and maintain all training materials and guides for processes related to Salesforce.com business applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4+ years Salesforce administrator or related experience
- Salesforce Certifications required.
- Prior experience supporting a user base of at least 100 users.
- At least 1 Full Life-Cycle SFDC or CRM Implementation.
- Experience with AppExchange and other third-party solutions such as Eloqua, Form Assembly, Grid Buddy, DocuSign, etc. is a big plus.
- Experience transitioning from Salesforce.com Classic to Lightening a plus.
- Background creating and interpreting operational metrics and reports.
- Familiarity with relational databases and related concepts.
- Proficient in successfully implementing new technologies.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Able to drive a project from conception to completion, not just execute on an existing plan.
- Strong understanding of data structures and data modeling.
- Able to work independently and lead projects of moderate complexity.