Associate, Business and Program Development
The Milken Institute is seeking an Associate to support the Milken Institute’s Business and Program Development team with a special focus on North Asia. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues. Working closely with the Director of Business and Program development, the position is responsible for maintaining a robust development program that works with major donors, events, industry partners, and corporate and foundations. The position will ensure maintaining strong relationships with existing donors, seeking to grow their investment, while at the same time expanding the base.
The Milken Institute is an economic think-tank, known for its cutting edge research and unique ability to convene senior leaders from the banking, finance and investment communities to discuss trends and address issues affecting the global economy in order to move capital, policy and momentum toward solutions to significant challenges. Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability. The Asia Center has been established four years ago.
The Associate will work closely with the Director of Business and Program Development to support the strategy and engagement with strategic partners, assist with program development, audience building and finding the supporters for our events: the Asia Summit, the Women Leader’s Summit, the Global Conference and the London Summit. He/ she will be involved in our year round programming for Young Leaders Circle and Senior Regional Leaders.
- Provide support for supporters and corporate sponsors throughout the year by building relationships with key contacts and being responsive to their requests, particularly in preparation for and during major conferences, with regular communication around logistics of their conference engagement and proactively managing these relationships;
- Help maintain the relationships with executives from asset management firms, investment banks, entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and c-level executives
- Conduct research and identify opportunities to grow our partnership base through our research and convenings;
- Attend client meetings, produce post meeting reports, manage CRM database, and create sponsorship proposals to potential partners in coordination with the business development director;
- Support major benefit and cultivation events, including tracking invitations and replies, coordinating with vendors, following up with attendees;
- Communicate effectively across the Milken Institute to help support the coordination and integration of partnership relations throughout its Centers and Departments.
- Assist with creating fundraising proposals to individuals, corporations and foundations, ensuring all reporting requirements are met
- 2-3 years relevant experience, in a client facing / fundraising role or sales support role in private bank, investment bank or asset management, ideal for candidates looking to transition from private to public sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English as well as at least one other Asian language: Mandarin, Korean or Japanese
- Ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Precise attention to detail and high standards of excellence
- Strong ability to conduct research across various actors in the finance industry
- Must be able to handle problems quickly and efficiently
- Personal attitude that includes being outgoing, entrepreneurial, action-oriented, and flexible
- Most importantly, enthusiasm for the mission of the Institute and its potential impact
- Priority will be given to candidates with North Asia experience and network
We offer a demanding, yet supportive and collaborative work environment where ideas and ingenuity matter. Apply today if you’re ready to grow and help us make a real impact in the world.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details please refer to: