Business Systems Analyst
The Milken Institute improves lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We’re a publicly supported, nonpartisan, independent think-tank whose work makes a difference in the lives of people worldwide by helping create a more democratic and efficient global economy. Our conferences convene some of the world's most extraordinary people to explore solutions to today's most pressing challenges in financial markets, industry sectors, health, government and education.
As a Business Systems Analyst on our Event Technology and Marketing team, you will play a key role in transforming our technology, data and marketing architecture by performing analysis, assessing the impact and documenting functional requirements to guide our business with best practices and a structured approach. Immediate focus areas are data standardization, improved marketing architecture and data best practices.
- Partner with the Lead Business Analyst and broader Event Technology team to assess and define the system and organizational requirements for technology and data-related projects.
- Manage small and medium-sized project activities through the effective use of project management principles and methodologies to achieve timely completion of deliverables and to meet the defined project objectives.
- Support business users and help troubleshoot simple to complex application and data issues.
- Support data standardization efforts, data governance, and data best practices.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Milken Institute’s organization in order to identify ways to improve internal processes and drive efficiencies.
- Analyze the data to investigate and verify cause-and-effect relationships. Determine what the relationships are, and attempt to ensure that all factors have been considered. Seek out root cause of the challenge under investigation.
- Author business artifacts such as business cases, requirements documents, wire frames, user stories, use cases, project estimates, capital requests, workflow diagrams, and status reports.
- Improve or optimize the current process based upon data and systems analysis. Use standard, analytical tools and techniques to create a new, future state process. Set-up pilot runs and proof-of-concepts to establish process capability.
- Develop testing plans and roll-out strategies for both new and enhancements to existing processes and technologies.
- Deliver improvement programs/projects with highly effective and appropriate use of Lean principles and tools and/or Six Sigma methods.
- Engage with and manage expectations of project sponsors and stakeholders at all levels.
The ideal candidate is happy to come to work and excited to make a difference; he/she is team player with a strong desire to impact change. The candidate has excellent analytical and technical skills, along with a demonstrated ability to get things done in a customer-driven, collaborative team environment.
- 2-3 years of experience as a business systems analyst.
- Experience gathering, documenting, and analyzing business requirements from internal customers and stakeholders.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills required.
- Experience working with developers and other technical staff to create design documentation, wire frames, and workflow diagrams.
- Knowledge and expertise in business analysis and project management processes and methodologies - direct experience with Agile/Lean based methodologies is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail - ability to quickly analyze problems, get things done, and “figure it out” with minimal requirements and guidance.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities.
- Passionate about data and integrations. Stays current on industry trends, technologies, and best practices
- Utilize time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities with ability to handle multiple, parallel projects.
- Previous experience facilitating meetings, delivering presentations, and conducting training sessions.
- Previous experience with a variety of mapping methods to make processes and systems visible.
- Previous experience with Salesforce and marketing automation platforms strongly preferred.
- SQL skills are a plus.
- Experience with BI tools and relational databases is a plus.
Please click here to apply.